Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SLUMBER PARTY AT AUNT JEN'S HOUSE

As it turned out, Jen's husband Adam had to leave town on business as well, so in addition to Nick being gone... it left the Wood twins home alone with a toddler and puppy. So we decided to bunk together and help each other out. Elizabeth and I packed way too much stuff for only 4 days and headed down to Elizabeth, Colorado.

Elizabeth was very well behaved around Zues, and Zues was very gentle with Elizabeth. It was a relief to Jen to see how Zues handles children as her baby is getting ready to enter our family in about 4 months. Elizabeth did get a bit bossy around him saying "NO, NO, NO" and "Down" a lot and I got a glimpse into her tattling days as a big sister, but overall the week was very fun and everyone learned a lot.

Here are some pictures:
Zues was been renamed "the stalker" as he never was far from Elizabeth and watch her constantly
It looks like she is hitting him but all she is doing it tapping.
She loved petting the puppy.

Saying "hello" to her new cousin or as I called her "the baby in the belly"
Laughing at mommy as she is taking her clothes off - Again!

On Jen's day off we ventured to Parker Colorado to visit the new refurbished O'Brien Park, which has improved greatly since we were kids. Here is video of Elizabeth playing on the playground. Before you watch it though, let me tell you how brave this little girl is.... much more brave than her mommy. The playgrounds were divided into seperate entities - one for kids 2-5 years old, and one for 5-12 years old. Elizabeth had more fun on the older kids' playground. On one trip up the 8-10 feet high playground, Elizabeth headed toward the monster of all slides. A Curly-Que slide that was easily 10-12 feet high. I didn't want her to do it, but it was too late. There she was, heading up the stairs. I was not completely aware of it, but I held my breath until I saw that she was safely down, and then as I held her tightly in my arms and she laughed and said "Again!" I realized I was crying.

She continues to amaze me at how wonderful children are. They have no prejudices, no fears, and an insatiable appetite for knowledge. At what point in life, do we lose all that?


(at the end of this video you will see an example of playground safety rules not being followed... don't worry - I got Elizabeth off the slide before she was bouldered over by that boy).

No comments: