Elizabeth was sick for about 12 days with something the doctor said was Roseola virus. It is a very contagious virus amoung infants and toddlers and it takes several days to display symptoms so it is very easy to contract, because moms don't even know their children are contagious until it is too late. So first, a few days of fever and sleeplessness, followed by 2 days of flu-like symptoms (and sleeplessness), followed by 4 days of this rash that started on her belly and then spread through-out her body (oh - and sleeplessness).


These pictures are not that clear, but this one shows how swollen her eyes were from the rash and her lack of sleep.

The day the rash started to clear, she was finally able to sleep - Poor little girl.

4 comments:
Grandma Laurie loves you!!
Poor baby, that sounds horrible. She really does look terrible in these pictures. I am glad you are doing better.
--Angela Lorenzen
Poor little girl!! I miss you so much...those pictures made me want to come visit you!! I wish you werent so far away! I miss you all lots!! Hope you are having a good week and hope it ends that way too!!!! -Stoney
Hey A M Y
It's Michelle CHurch in LAS.
My son Nathan had the same rash, he didn't have a fever, it didn't itch, my e-mail is mickey4023@cox.net. i'd like to send you picks of nathan's rash. The doctors called it fifth disese.
send me you e-mail.
Michelle
Post a Comment