
For those that are ultrasound blind, you can see a small profile, and the brightest spots of the little bean shaped object in the middle are the jaw bones.
When this ultrasound picture was taken, I was under a considerable amount of stress. This particular appointment was required to determine if the baby had planted itself in one of my tubes, causing an eptopic pregnancy. The concern began when my doctor's medical assistant couldn't locate the heartbeat of the baby during my exam 3 days ago. When she finally was able to locate the heartbeat, she said that the baby was on my extreme right-side and that is not normal. This was a Friday, and I had to wait until that Monday to figure out if I was going to lose the baby.
In the end, all turned out okay, and it turns out that the medical assistant was simply holding the tool at a weird angle, because the baby is located right where it is supposed to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment